Dental implants help restore your smile and tooth functioning following tooth loss. This tooth replacement solution is extremely versatile and can be used in conjunction with crowns, bridges, or implant-supported dentures to replace a single tooth or several teeth. Dr. Jamie Gutierrez, the skilled dentist at our office in Brookfield, CT, can determine if dental implants are a possibility for you.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small screw-like titanium posts that are placed directly in the jawbone. The purpose of dental implants is to hold crowns and other tooth restorations in place, similar to how roots anchor natural teeth. In addition to being used in conjunction with crowns, dental implants can also be used with bridgework or implant-supported dentures when replacing several teeth at once.
One of the advantages of dental implants is that they are extremely secure. Titanium is a metal that naturally bonds with bone tissue. Over time, the titanium implants become permanently fused to the jawbone through a process known as osseointegration. This makes them incredibly secure and prevents the tooth restorations from shifting out of place or coming loose.
While placing dental implants in bone tissue has numerous advantages, it also excludes certain patients from being candidates for this tooth replacement method. An unwanted side effect of tooth loss is bone loss, which means some patients might not have enough bone tissue for placing the implants. Our experienced dentist can determine if you have sufficient bone tissue to be a candidate for dental implants at our office in Brookfield, CT.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are extensive. In addition to filling in the gaps where teeth are missing and restoring your smile, dental implants also minimize many of the side effects of tooth loss. Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Filling in the gaps where teeth are missing
- Restoring beauty and function to your smile
- Preventing remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Improving speech that was affected by tooth loss
- Restoring the natural contours of the face and reducing sagging and drooping
- Preserving bone tissue that would otherwise be reabsorbed following tooth loss
- Reducing excess strain on remaining teeth that were compensating for missing ones
There are many benefits to getting dental implants. They are the most secure method for restoring your smile following tooth loss. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants by calling our Brookfield, CT, dental office at (203) 775-0480.
For your child's best oral health, developing good brushing techniques from a young age is crucial. If you are assisting your child with proper, frequent tooth brushing and minimizing their consumption of sugary foods and drinks, your child is on a great path for lifelong dental health. However, even with good oral hygiene habits and a nutritious diet, kids can be at risk for dental decay, and sealants can be an effective and safe addition to their wellness routine.
Family dentist Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, C.T., can fit your child with sealants to help prevent cavities.
What are sealants?
Sealants are very thin coatings for molars, the teeth in the back of the mouth. These teeth can be more difficult to see and access when your child is brushing their teeth, making them more susceptible to the buildup of stubborn plaque which can manifest into cavities and decay.
How old does my child need to be for sealants?
At our Brookfield, C.T. office we can apply sealants for patients as young as six, or once their molars grow in. Even adults can benefit from sealants, especially if they are prone to cavities.
What is the process for applying sealants?
Your family dentist will begin by thoroughly cleaning your child's teeth before brushing them with an abrasive gel to help make them more porous. This will allow the sealants to better bond with the surface of their teeth. The excess gel will be rinsed away and their teeth dried before the sealant is applied. Finally, your family dentist will use a blue light to cure the sealant so it is sturdy and securely in place. The process is quick, and your child should experience no pain.
How do you care for sealants?
Your child will need to continue to brush frequently and thoroughly, floss, and have regular professional cleanings and exams to keep their teeth healthy. Sealants require no extra care, so they can proceed with their oral hygiene routine as normal.
Call family dentist Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, C.T., at 203-775-0480 for all your dental care needs.
Your family dentist provides dental care for everyone in your family, regardless of age. This will enable your dentist to keep detailed dental records of your family’s oral health history and specific requirements. Additionally, because everyone in the family goes to the same dentist, you save time and benefit from more customized care. Here at Jaime Gutierrez, D.D.S. in Brookfield, CT, your family dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, specializes in treating and attending to the oral health needs of people of all ages.
Dental Care for Babies
Prior to and during the dentition phase of your baby, when the primary teeth start coming in, they’re vulnerable to dental disease, particularly decay and cavities. Once your baby’s first tooth comes in, the American Dental Association recommends that your child start seeing your family dentist in Brookfield, CT, for routine checkups. Starting dental care as early as possible, both in the dentist’s office and at home, will help ensure that your kids develop proper oral hygiene habits that’ll last them their whole life.
Dental Care for Young Kids
Young kids need specialized dental care because they naturally lose their primary teeth as their permanent teeth come in. During this crucial transitional stage, it’s very vital to establish proper oral care habits at home and get routine cleanings and checkups with your family dentist. This will help keep decay, cavities, and early onset of other more serious oral health issues.
Dental Care for Teenagers and Young Adults
A lot of family dentists also specialize in orthodontic treatments. For teens, orthodontic procedures like Invisalign or braces are typically advised for repositioning and straightening permanent teeth. Teenagers and young adults are likewise susceptible to decay, gum disease, and cavities depending on their childhood habits, lifestyle, and diet.
Dental Care for Adults
Because of their many obligations and busy schedules, some people tend to skip routine dental visits. However, keep in mind that oral care is equally crucial at this stage since, after the age of 35, adults develop an increased risk for gum disease, decay, and tooth loss. TMJ issues, the breakdown of teeth restorations, and oral cancer are likewise common in adults. This is also the time when adults consider cosmetic dentistry treatments to freshen up their smiles.
Dental Care for Seniors
After 65 years old, new oral health challenges will be introduced as part of the natural aging process. For instance, common issues might include root decay, dry mouth, severe gum disease, bad breath, and oral cancer. Keeping your oral health in top shape by practicing proper oral hygiene habits will help lower your risk of developing more serious oral problems.
Reach Out to Us To Learn More About Our Family Dentistry Services
Call (203) 775-0480 to set an appointment with your family dentist in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Jaime Gutierrez, D.D.S. today.
If you have dental flaws, can you ever love your smile? Dr. Jaime Gutierrez can erase those flaws and give you the beautiful smile you never thought possible. With a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options available at his Brookfield, CT, office, you can choose just a little change or a full smile makeover.
Come in for a consultation
An in-person consultation with Dr. Gutierrez is the best way to refine your smile goals and to understand your cosmetic dentistry options. Brookfield, CT, patients see vast improvement in the shape, size, color and alignment of their teeth when they finish their makeovers. Plus, people with extensive damage, such as missing teeth, regain the oral function and overall smile aesthetics to make them confident professionally and socially.
Your consultation with Dr. Gutierrez will include a comprehensive oral health exam, digital photos, X-rays and oral impressions. You'll consider tooth color, shape and size and what look best compliments facial features. You and your dentist will agree to a step by step treatment plan, and you may even digitally preview your renewed smile before you begin.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Dr. Gutierrez and his team offer the following modern cosmetic services:
- Professional teeth whitening It's one of the most frequently suggested aesthetic services. Professional whitening removes dark dental stains. In-office or at-home application of hydrogen peroxide gel improves tooth color by up to eight shades, taking years off your smile.
- Tooth-colored fillings White fillings repair decay, requiring less enamel removal and bonding seamlessly to healthy tooth structure.
- Porcelain crowns Tooth-shaped caps that protect damaged enamel, crowns spare teeth from extraction and restore their appearance and color. Today's crowns combine the best of cosmetic and restorative processes.
- Porcelain veneers Thin laminates of naturally-colored ceramic, veneers disguise many dental flaws such as chips, stains, gaps and more. They bond to the front side of selected teeth.
- Inlays and onlays Known as partial crowns, these restorations replace decayed chewing surfaces or large fillings with tooth-colored porcelain.
- Dental implants Modern, permanent tooth replacements, dental implants fill smile gaps, support dentures and build jaw bone and gum tissue.
- Invisalign aligners These invisible, removable appliances are customized in pairs to re-align gapped, rotated, crowded teeth and to correct poor bite. They are appropriate for teens and adults in good oral health.
- Contouring and bonding These simple services resurface small flaws. Often, they finish makeovers.
It's your smile
Why not love it? Contact your cosmetic dentistry expert in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez. He'll be happy to show you what a beautified smile can do for you. Phone us at (203) 775-0480.
Are you experiencing constant and lingering toothaches? You may need to undergo a root canal treatment to get rid of that sickening pain. A root canal treatment is performed to save and repair a tooth that is severely damaged or infected.
You can learn more about the procedure when you come in for a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, here at our practice at Brookfield, CT.
Signs and Symptoms of a Tooth That Needs Root Canal Therapy
Having a deep cavity, a cracked or chipped tooth, or trauma to a tooth are the most common causes of needing this treatment. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that you need to undergo a root canal treatment:
- Constant pain. This type of pain may bother you most of the time, or it might go away then return after a while. The pain may radiate from deep within the bone of your tooth. You may also feel pain in your other teeth, jaw, or face.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. When you consume something relatively hot or cold, the painful sensation could feel sharp or dull. The pain might also last even if you’ve finished eating. This is an indication that the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth may have already been damaged.
- Tooth discoloration. The pulp of your tooth may be infected, causing your tooth to be discolored. Damaged roots give your tooth a dark-gray look.
- Swollen gums. Gums close to your painful tooth may be inflamed. The swelling may go away and reappear, and if touched, may feel tender. A small pimple might also appear on your gum that secretes pus from the infected tooth. This could cause a nasty taste and bad breath.
- A loose tooth. This could be a sign of infection, caused by the acidic products from the death of a nerve, which soften the bone around the root of the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, consult your dentist in Brookfield, CT, as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your tooth.
Need More Information on Root Canal Therapy? Contact Us
Dial (203) 775-0480 to book your consultation date with our dentist, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Brookfield, CT.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.