For your child's best oral health, developing good brushing techniques from a young age is crucial. If you are assisting your child with proper, frequent tooth brushing and minimizing their consumption of sugary foods and drinks, your child is on a great path for lifelong dental health. However, even with good oral hygiene habits and a nutritious diet, kids can be at risk for dental decay, and sealants can be an effective and safe addition to their wellness routine.
Family dentist Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, C.T., can fit your child with sealants to help prevent cavities.
What are sealants?
Sealants are very thin coatings for molars, the teeth in the back of the mouth. These teeth can be more difficult to see and access when your child is brushing their teeth, making them more susceptible to the buildup of stubborn plaque which can manifest into cavities and decay.
How old does my child need to be for sealants?
At our Brookfield, C.T. office we can apply sealants for patients as young as six, or once their molars grow in. Even adults can benefit from sealants, especially if they are prone to cavities.
What is the process for applying sealants?
Your family dentist will begin by thoroughly cleaning your child's teeth before brushing them with an abrasive gel to help make them more porous. This will allow the sealants to better bond with the surface of their teeth. The excess gel will be rinsed away and their teeth dried before the sealant is applied. Finally, your family dentist will use a blue light to cure the sealant so it is sturdy and securely in place. The process is quick, and your child should experience no pain.
How do you care for sealants?
Your child will need to continue to brush frequently and thoroughly, floss, and have regular professional cleanings and exams to keep their teeth healthy. Sealants require no extra care, so they can proceed with their oral hygiene routine as normal.
Call family dentist Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, C.T., at 203-775-0480 for all your dental care needs.
Your family dentist provides dental care for everyone in your family, regardless of age. This will enable your dentist to keep detailed dental records of your family’s oral health history and specific requirements. Additionally, because everyone in the family goes to the same dentist, you save time and benefit from more customized care. Here at Jaime Gutierrez, D.D.S. in Brookfield, CT, your family dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, specializes in treating and attending to the oral health needs of people of all ages.
Dental Care for Babies
Prior to and during the dentition phase of your baby, when the primary teeth start coming in, they’re vulnerable to dental disease, particularly decay and cavities. Once your baby’s first tooth comes in, the American Dental Association recommends that your child start seeing your family dentist in Brookfield, CT, for routine checkups. Starting dental care as early as possible, both in the dentist’s office and at home, will help ensure that your kids develop proper oral hygiene habits that’ll last them their whole life.
Dental Care for Young Kids
Young kids need specialized dental care because they naturally lose their primary teeth as their permanent teeth come in. During this crucial transitional stage, it’s very vital to establish proper oral care habits at home and get routine cleanings and checkups with your family dentist. This will help keep decay, cavities, and early onset of other more serious oral health issues.
Dental Care for Teenagers and Young Adults
A lot of family dentists also specialize in orthodontic treatments. For teens, orthodontic procedures like Invisalign or braces are typically advised for repositioning and straightening permanent teeth. Teenagers and young adults are likewise susceptible to decay, gum disease, and cavities depending on their childhood habits, lifestyle, and diet.
Dental Care for Adults
Because of their many obligations and busy schedules, some people tend to skip routine dental visits. However, keep in mind that oral care is equally crucial at this stage since, after the age of 35, adults develop an increased risk for gum disease, decay, and tooth loss. TMJ issues, the breakdown of teeth restorations, and oral cancer are likewise common in adults. This is also the time when adults consider cosmetic dentistry treatments to freshen up their smiles.
Dental Care for Seniors
After 65 years old, new oral health challenges will be introduced as part of the natural aging process. For instance, common issues might include root decay, dry mouth, severe gum disease, bad breath, and oral cancer. Keeping your oral health in top shape by practicing proper oral hygiene habits will help lower your risk of developing more serious oral problems.
Reach Out to Us To Learn More About Our Family Dentistry Services
Call (203) 775-0480 to set an appointment with your family dentist in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Jaime Gutierrez, D.D.S. today.
If you have dental flaws, can you ever love your smile? Dr. Jaime Gutierrez can erase those flaws and give you the beautiful smile you never thought possible. With a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options available at his Brookfield, CT, office, you can choose just a little change or a full smile makeover.
Come in for a consultation
An in-person consultation with Dr. Gutierrez is the best way to refine your smile goals and to understand your cosmetic dentistry options. Brookfield, CT, patients see vast improvement in the shape, size, color and alignment of their teeth when they finish their makeovers. Plus, people with extensive damage, such as missing teeth, regain the oral function and overall smile aesthetics to make them confident professionally and socially.
Your consultation with Dr. Gutierrez will include a comprehensive oral health exam, digital photos, X-rays and oral impressions. You'll consider tooth color, shape and size and what look best compliments facial features. You and your dentist will agree to a step by step treatment plan, and you may even digitally preview your renewed smile before you begin.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Dr. Gutierrez and his team offer the following modern cosmetic services:
- Professional teeth whitening It's one of the most frequently suggested aesthetic services. Professional whitening removes dark dental stains. In-office or at-home application of hydrogen peroxide gel improves tooth color by up to eight shades, taking years off your smile.
- Tooth-colored fillings White fillings repair decay, requiring less enamel removal and bonding seamlessly to healthy tooth structure.
- Porcelain crowns Tooth-shaped caps that protect damaged enamel, crowns spare teeth from extraction and restore their appearance and color. Today's crowns combine the best of cosmetic and restorative processes.
- Porcelain veneers Thin laminates of naturally-colored ceramic, veneers disguise many dental flaws such as chips, stains, gaps and more. They bond to the front side of selected teeth.
- Inlays and onlays Known as partial crowns, these restorations replace decayed chewing surfaces or large fillings with tooth-colored porcelain.
- Dental implants Modern, permanent tooth replacements, dental implants fill smile gaps, support dentures and build jaw bone and gum tissue.
- Invisalign aligners These invisible, removable appliances are customized in pairs to re-align gapped, rotated, crowded teeth and to correct poor bite. They are appropriate for teens and adults in good oral health.
- Contouring and bonding These simple services resurface small flaws. Often, they finish makeovers.
It's your smile
Why not love it? Contact your cosmetic dentistry expert in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez. He'll be happy to show you what a beautified smile can do for you. Phone us at (203) 775-0480.
Are you experiencing constant and lingering toothaches? You may need to undergo a root canal treatment to get rid of that sickening pain. A root canal treatment is performed to save and repair a tooth that is severely damaged or infected.
You can learn more about the procedure when you come in for a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, here at our practice at Brookfield, CT.
Signs and Symptoms of a Tooth That Needs Root Canal Therapy
Having a deep cavity, a cracked or chipped tooth, or trauma to a tooth are the most common causes of needing this treatment. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that you need to undergo a root canal treatment:
- Constant pain. This type of pain may bother you most of the time, or it might go away then return after a while. The pain may radiate from deep within the bone of your tooth. You may also feel pain in your other teeth, jaw, or face.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. When you consume something relatively hot or cold, the painful sensation could feel sharp or dull. The pain might also last even if you’ve finished eating. This is an indication that the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth may have already been damaged.
- Tooth discoloration. The pulp of your tooth may be infected, causing your tooth to be discolored. Damaged roots give your tooth a dark-gray look.
- Swollen gums. Gums close to your painful tooth may be inflamed. The swelling may go away and reappear, and if touched, may feel tender. A small pimple might also appear on your gum that secretes pus from the infected tooth. This could cause a nasty taste and bad breath.
- A loose tooth. This could be a sign of infection, caused by the acidic products from the death of a nerve, which soften the bone around the root of the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, consult your dentist in Brookfield, CT, as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your tooth.
Need More Information on Root Canal Therapy? Contact Us
Dial (203) 775-0480 to book your consultation date with our dentist, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Brookfield, CT.
Here’s why you may want to consider dental implants.
Dealing with tooth loss is more common in adulthood than you might think. Luckily, our Brookfield, CT, dentist Dr. Jamie Gutierrez offers a variety of options to fill those gaps in your smile and to restore your confidence again. Wondering why so many people are turning to dental implants? Here are some of the top reasons,
- A dental implant preserves your bone and gum tissue, which can deteriorate as a result of tooth loss. The roots of your teeth stimulate the jawbone, but when one or more teeth are lost the jawbone also deteriorates as a result. A dental implant will actually replace the roots of a tooth to prevent bone loss.
- By placing a false tooth in the gap, our Brookfield, CT, family dentist can also prevent teeth from shifting into these open spaces. If a replacement tooth isn’t placed the rest of your teeth will begin to move into these gaps, leading to further spacing between teeth, crowding and crookedness.
- A dental implant is made from a durable material such as titanium, which is amazingly resilient and also biocompatible, which means that human tissue treat this metal like it’s a natural part of the body. This restoration’s biocompatibility is just one of the reasons it offers such an incredibly high success rate. Plus, you’ll be happy to hear that implants cannot develop cavities.
- Your restoration will fully restore chewing and bite forces, helping to distribute the weight evenly across your teeth whenever you eat, speak or bite. This false tooth won’t just redistribute jaw forces evenly to prevent cracked or fractured teeth but also it will make it incredibly easy to enjoy all of your favorite foods without worrying about your false teeth moving around.
- Since a dental implant is made not only to function like real teeth but also to look like real teeth you will never have to worry that people will be able to recognize which tooth isn’t yours. Our dentists work hard to make sure that the crown or set of false teeth that are placed over the implant offers an incredible fit and also blends right in with your smile. Everything down to the shade of the artificial tooth is taken into painstaking consideration.
Want to know if you are a good candidate for dental implants? If so, call our Brookfield, CT, dental practice today at (203) 775-0480 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.