Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Dental implants help restore your smile and tooth functioning following tooth loss. This tooth replacement solution is extremely versatile and can be used in conjunction with crowns, bridges, or implant-supported dentures to replace a single tooth or several teeth. Dr. Jamie Gutierrez, the skilled dentist at our office in Brookfield, CT, can determine if dental implants are a possibility for you.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small screw-like titanium posts that are placed directly in the jawbone. The purpose of dental implants is to hold crowns and other tooth restorations in place, similar to how roots anchor natural teeth. In addition to being used in conjunction with crowns, dental implants can also be used with bridgework or implant-supported dentures when replacing several teeth at once.
One of the advantages of dental implants is that they are extremely secure. Titanium is a metal that naturally bonds with bone tissue. Over time, the titanium implants become permanently fused to the jawbone through a process known as osseointegration. This makes them incredibly secure and prevents the tooth restorations from shifting out of place or coming loose.
While placing dental implants in bone tissue has numerous advantages, it also excludes certain patients from being candidates for this tooth replacement method. An unwanted side effect of tooth loss is bone loss, which means some patients might not have enough bone tissue for placing the implants. Our experienced dentist can determine if you have sufficient bone tissue to be a candidate for dental implants at our office in Brookfield, CT.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are extensive. In addition to filling in the gaps where teeth are missing and restoring your smile, dental implants also minimize many of the side effects of tooth loss. Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Filling in the gaps where teeth are missing
- Restoring beauty and function to your smile
- Preventing remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Improving speech that was affected by tooth loss
- Restoring the natural contours of the face and reducing sagging and drooping
- Preserving bone tissue that would otherwise be reabsorbed following tooth loss
- Reducing excess strain on remaining teeth that were compensating for missing ones
There are many benefits to getting dental implants. They are the most secure method for restoring your smile following tooth loss. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants by calling our Brookfield, CT, dental office at (203) 775-0480.
If you have dental flaws, can you ever love your smile? Dr. Jaime Gutierrez can erase those flaws and give you the beautiful smile you never thought possible. With a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options available at his Brookfield, CT, office, you can choose just a little change or a full smile makeover.
Come in for a consultation
An in-person consultation with Dr. Gutierrez is the best way to refine your smile goals and to understand your cosmetic dentistry options. Brookfield, CT, patients see vast improvement in the shape, size, color and alignment of their teeth when they finish their makeovers. Plus, people with extensive damage, such as missing teeth, regain the oral function and overall smile aesthetics to make them confident professionally and socially.
Your consultation with Dr. Gutierrez will include a comprehensive oral health exam, digital photos, X-rays and oral impressions. You'll consider tooth color, shape and size and what look best compliments facial features. You and your dentist will agree to a step by step treatment plan, and you may even digitally preview your renewed smile before you begin.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Dr. Gutierrez and his team offer the following modern cosmetic services:
- Professional teeth whitening It's one of the most frequently suggested aesthetic services. Professional whitening removes dark dental stains. In-office or at-home application of hydrogen peroxide gel improves tooth color by up to eight shades, taking years off your smile.
- Tooth-colored fillings White fillings repair decay, requiring less enamel removal and bonding seamlessly to healthy tooth structure.
- Porcelain crowns Tooth-shaped caps that protect damaged enamel, crowns spare teeth from extraction and restore their appearance and color. Today's crowns combine the best of cosmetic and restorative processes.
- Porcelain veneers Thin laminates of naturally-colored ceramic, veneers disguise many dental flaws such as chips, stains, gaps and more. They bond to the front side of selected teeth.
- Inlays and onlays Known as partial crowns, these restorations replace decayed chewing surfaces or large fillings with tooth-colored porcelain.
- Dental implants Modern, permanent tooth replacements, dental implants fill smile gaps, support dentures and build jaw bone and gum tissue.
- Invisalign aligners These invisible, removable appliances are customized in pairs to re-align gapped, rotated, crowded teeth and to correct poor bite. They are appropriate for teens and adults in good oral health.
- Contouring and bonding These simple services resurface small flaws. Often, they finish makeovers.
It's your smile
Why not love it? Contact your cosmetic dentistry expert in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez. He'll be happy to show you what a beautified smile can do for you. Phone us at (203) 775-0480.
Are you experiencing constant and lingering toothaches? You may need to undergo a root canal treatment to get rid of that sickening pain. A root canal treatment is performed to save and repair a tooth that is severely damaged or infected.
You can learn more about the procedure when you come in for a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, here at our practice at Brookfield, CT.
Signs and Symptoms of a Tooth That Needs Root Canal Therapy
Having a deep cavity, a cracked or chipped tooth, or trauma to a tooth are the most common causes of needing this treatment. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that you need to undergo a root canal treatment:
- Constant pain. This type of pain may bother you most of the time, or it might go away then return after a while. The pain may radiate from deep within the bone of your tooth. You may also feel pain in your other teeth, jaw, or face.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. When you consume something relatively hot or cold, the painful sensation could feel sharp or dull. The pain might also last even if you’ve finished eating. This is an indication that the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth may have already been damaged.
- Tooth discoloration. The pulp of your tooth may be infected, causing your tooth to be discolored. Damaged roots give your tooth a dark-gray look.
- Swollen gums. Gums close to your painful tooth may be inflamed. The swelling may go away and reappear, and if touched, may feel tender. A small pimple might also appear on your gum that secretes pus from the infected tooth. This could cause a nasty taste and bad breath.
- A loose tooth. This could be a sign of infection, caused by the acidic products from the death of a nerve, which soften the bone around the root of the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, consult your dentist in Brookfield, CT, as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your tooth.
Need More Information on Root Canal Therapy? Contact Us
Dial (203) 775-0480 to book your consultation date with our dentist, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Brookfield, CT.
Here’s why you may want to consider dental implants.
Dealing with tooth loss is more common in adulthood than you might think. Luckily, our Brookfield, CT, dentist Dr. Jamie Gutierrez offers a variety of options to fill those gaps in your smile and to restore your confidence again. Wondering why so many people are turning to dental implants? Here are some of the top reasons,
- A dental implant preserves your bone and gum tissue, which can deteriorate as a result of tooth loss. The roots of your teeth stimulate the jawbone, but when one or more teeth are lost the jawbone also deteriorates as a result. A dental implant will actually replace the roots of a tooth to prevent bone loss.
- By placing a false tooth in the gap, our Brookfield, CT, family dentist can also prevent teeth from shifting into these open spaces. If a replacement tooth isn’t placed the rest of your teeth will begin to move into these gaps, leading to further spacing between teeth, crowding and crookedness.
- A dental implant is made from a durable material such as titanium, which is amazingly resilient and also biocompatible, which means that human tissue treat this metal like it’s a natural part of the body. This restoration’s biocompatibility is just one of the reasons it offers such an incredibly high success rate. Plus, you’ll be happy to hear that implants cannot develop cavities.
- Your restoration will fully restore chewing and bite forces, helping to distribute the weight evenly across your teeth whenever you eat, speak or bite. This false tooth won’t just redistribute jaw forces evenly to prevent cracked or fractured teeth but also it will make it incredibly easy to enjoy all of your favorite foods without worrying about your false teeth moving around.
- Since a dental implant is made not only to function like real teeth but also to look like real teeth you will never have to worry that people will be able to recognize which tooth isn’t yours. Our dentists work hard to make sure that the crown or set of false teeth that are placed over the implant offers an incredible fit and also blends right in with your smile. Everything down to the shade of the artificial tooth is taken into painstaking consideration.
Want to know if you are a good candidate for dental implants? If so, call our Brookfield, CT, dental practice today at (203) 775-0480 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez.
Have questions about bonding? Bonding is an excellent way to improve your smile. Bonding is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin to the teeth to restore or improve a person's smile. With bonding, you have one of the easiest, fastest and most affordable dental treatments at your disposal. Dr. Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, CT, offers a full range of dental services to his patients. Read on to get answers to FAQs about bonding.
What is cosmetic dental bonding?
Bonding can be used for a variety of purposes. For instance, it may be used to repair dental cavities and fractured teeth. It may also be used to close gaps between teeth and hide tooth discoloration. Sometimes bonding used to make teeth look longer or to change their shape, so that they appear more attractive. Dentists also use bonding to protect the exposed roots of teeth.
What are the benefits of bonding?
Bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic procedures. Unlike dental veneers and crowns which require more time to prepare and a second visit to place them, dental bonding can be completed in just one visit. Minimal tooth enamel is removed during the treatment. Patients often get multiple teeth bonded in just one appointment.
How do I care for my bonded teeth?
Bonded teeth do not require special care. Bonded teeth can become discolored by stains just like your teeth, so you want to care for them as carefully as you care for your smile! Floss and brush regularly and visit your dentist for checkups and dental cleanings twice a year. Avoid biting into hard surfaces like hard foods, candy ice, fingernails, and other hard items which can weaken the bonding.
If you want a beautiful smile, this is your chance! Start your journey today! Call Dr. Jamie Gutierrez at 203-775-0480 right now to schedule a dental appointment in Brookfield, CT and get the smile you deserve. When you're happy with your smile, it can really improve your quality of life!