Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Dental implants help restore your smile and tooth functioning following tooth loss. This tooth replacement solution is extremely versatile and can be used in conjunction with crowns, bridges, or implant-supported dentures to replace a single tooth or several teeth. Dr. Jamie Gutierrez, the skilled dentist at our office in Brookfield, CT, can determine if dental implants are a possibility for you.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small screw-like titanium posts that are placed directly in the jawbone. The purpose of dental implants is to hold crowns and other tooth restorations in place, similar to how roots anchor natural teeth. In addition to being used in conjunction with crowns, dental implants can also be used with bridgework or implant-supported dentures when replacing several teeth at once.
One of the advantages of dental implants is that they are extremely secure. Titanium is a metal that naturally bonds with bone tissue. Over time, the titanium implants become permanently fused to the jawbone through a process known as osseointegration. This makes them incredibly secure and prevents the tooth restorations from shifting out of place or coming loose.
While placing dental implants in bone tissue has numerous advantages, it also excludes certain patients from being candidates for this tooth replacement method. An unwanted side effect of tooth loss is bone loss, which means some patients might not have enough bone tissue for placing the implants. Our experienced dentist can determine if you have sufficient bone tissue to be a candidate for dental implants at our office in Brookfield, CT.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are extensive. In addition to filling in the gaps where teeth are missing and restoring your smile, dental implants also minimize many of the side effects of tooth loss. Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Filling in the gaps where teeth are missing
- Restoring beauty and function to your smile
- Preventing remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Improving speech that was affected by tooth loss
- Restoring the natural contours of the face and reducing sagging and drooping
- Preserving bone tissue that would otherwise be reabsorbed following tooth loss
- Reducing excess strain on remaining teeth that were compensating for missing ones
There are many benefits to getting dental implants. They are the most secure method for restoring your smile following tooth loss. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants by calling our Brookfield, CT, dental office at (203) 775-0480.
Here’s why you may want to consider dental implants.
Dealing with tooth loss is more common in adulthood than you might think. Luckily, our Brookfield, CT, dentist Dr. Jamie Gutierrez offers a variety of options to fill those gaps in your smile and to restore your confidence again. Wondering why so many people are turning to dental implants? Here are some of the top reasons,
- A dental implant preserves your bone and gum tissue, which can deteriorate as a result of tooth loss. The roots of your teeth stimulate the jawbone, but when one or more teeth are lost the jawbone also deteriorates as a result. A dental implant will actually replace the roots of a tooth to prevent bone loss.
- By placing a false tooth in the gap, our Brookfield, CT, family dentist can also prevent teeth from shifting into these open spaces. If a replacement tooth isn’t placed the rest of your teeth will begin to move into these gaps, leading to further spacing between teeth, crowding and crookedness.
- A dental implant is made from a durable material such as titanium, which is amazingly resilient and also biocompatible, which means that human tissue treat this metal like it’s a natural part of the body. This restoration’s biocompatibility is just one of the reasons it offers such an incredibly high success rate. Plus, you’ll be happy to hear that implants cannot develop cavities.
- Your restoration will fully restore chewing and bite forces, helping to distribute the weight evenly across your teeth whenever you eat, speak or bite. This false tooth won’t just redistribute jaw forces evenly to prevent cracked or fractured teeth but also it will make it incredibly easy to enjoy all of your favorite foods without worrying about your false teeth moving around.
- Since a dental implant is made not only to function like real teeth but also to look like real teeth you will never have to worry that people will be able to recognize which tooth isn’t yours. Our dentists work hard to make sure that the crown or set of false teeth that are placed over the implant offers an incredible fit and also blends right in with your smile. Everything down to the shade of the artificial tooth is taken into painstaking consideration.
Want to know if you are a good candidate for dental implants? If so, call our Brookfield, CT, dental practice today at (203) 775-0480 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez.
Nothing looks, acts, or feels quite like your real teeth. However, if you suffer tooth loss due to extensive decay, infection, accident, or another circumstance, take heart. Your Brookfield, CT, dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, offers qualified patients the next best thing--quality dental implants. Placed in the jaw bone where natural tooth roots previously resided, titanium implant devices, along with their extensions and porcelain crowns, deliver optimal oral function and appearance.
What's the big deal about dental implants?
It has to do with osseointegration, a natural process whereby the jaw bone bonds to the titanium metal device. While osseointegration takes up to six months after implant placement, the result is well worth the wait. Fully restored dental implants typically last for decades, says the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness.
Other tooth replacements, such as fixed bridges and conventional dentures, cannot preserve size and density of gum tissue and bone the way dental implants can. Therefore, facial dimensions, personal appearance and oral function change over time. In addition, older-style tooth replacements must be replaced every ten years or so, impacting personal budgets and schedules.
Who gets dental implants?
Dr. Gutierrez offers dental implants to patients who have enough bone in their jaws to support the screw-like titanium devices. He confirms this with oral examination and sophisticated digital imaging.
Additionally, prospective implant patients should have:
- Good overall health (strong immune systems)
- Diligent oral hygiene habits
- Willingness to reduce tobacco use or to stop smoking
Brushing, flossing, and getting professional cleanings and exams with your Brookfield dentist ensure your implant sites stay plaque- and tartar-free, avoiding a difficult infection called peri-implantitis. Peri-implantitis resembles advanced gum disease. Quitting tobacco helps gums and bone around implants stay healthy, too.
Finally, you may be a candidate for dental implants even if you have extensive bone and tooth loss. Grafting procedures build-up implant sites, and Dr. Gutierrez may recommend multiple implants to support partial and full dentures.
Explore the possibilities
Dr. Gutierrez invites you to look into modern dental implants. He places and restores implants right in his Brookfield, CT, office, and the procedures are easier than you may think. Please call the office to arrange your dental implant consultation: (203) 775-0480.