Posts for tag: Root Canal
Are you experiencing constant and lingering toothaches? You may need to undergo a root canal treatment to get rid of that sickening pain. A root canal treatment is performed to save and repair a tooth that is severely damaged or infected.
You can learn more about the procedure when you come in for a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, here at our practice at Brookfield, CT.
Signs and Symptoms of a Tooth That Needs Root Canal Therapy
Having a deep cavity, a cracked or chipped tooth, or trauma to a tooth are the most common causes of needing this treatment. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that you need to undergo a root canal treatment:
- Constant pain. This type of pain may bother you most of the time, or it might go away then return after a while. The pain may radiate from deep within the bone of your tooth. You may also feel pain in your other teeth, jaw, or face.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. When you consume something relatively hot or cold, the painful sensation could feel sharp or dull. The pain might also last even if you’ve finished eating. This is an indication that the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth may have already been damaged.
- Tooth discoloration. The pulp of your tooth may be infected, causing your tooth to be discolored. Damaged roots give your tooth a dark-gray look.
- Swollen gums. Gums close to your painful tooth may be inflamed. The swelling may go away and reappear, and if touched, may feel tender. A small pimple might also appear on your gum that secretes pus from the infected tooth. This could cause a nasty taste and bad breath.
- A loose tooth. This could be a sign of infection, caused by the acidic products from the death of a nerve, which soften the bone around the root of the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, consult your dentist in Brookfield, CT, as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your tooth.
Need More Information on Root Canal Therapy? Contact Us
Dial (203) 775-0480 to book your consultation date with our dentist, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Brookfield, CT.