Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
If you have dental flaws, can you ever love your smile? Dr. Jaime Gutierrez can erase those flaws and give you the beautiful smile you never thought possible. With a wide range of cosmetic dentistry options available at his Brookfield, CT, office, you can choose just a little change or a full smile makeover.
Come in for a consultation
An in-person consultation with Dr. Gutierrez is the best way to refine your smile goals and to understand your cosmetic dentistry options. Brookfield, CT, patients see vast improvement in the shape, size, color and alignment of their teeth when they finish their makeovers. Plus, people with extensive damage, such as missing teeth, regain the oral function and overall smile aesthetics to make them confident professionally and socially.
Your consultation with Dr. Gutierrez will include a comprehensive oral health exam, digital photos, X-rays and oral impressions. You'll consider tooth color, shape and size and what look best compliments facial features. You and your dentist will agree to a step by step treatment plan, and you may even digitally preview your renewed smile before you begin.
Featured cosmetic treatments
Dr. Gutierrez and his team offer the following modern cosmetic services:
- Professional teeth whitening It's one of the most frequently suggested aesthetic services. Professional whitening removes dark dental stains. In-office or at-home application of hydrogen peroxide gel improves tooth color by up to eight shades, taking years off your smile.
- Tooth-colored fillings White fillings repair decay, requiring less enamel removal and bonding seamlessly to healthy tooth structure.
- Porcelain crowns Tooth-shaped caps that protect damaged enamel, crowns spare teeth from extraction and restore their appearance and color. Today's crowns combine the best of cosmetic and restorative processes.
- Porcelain veneers Thin laminates of naturally-colored ceramic, veneers disguise many dental flaws such as chips, stains, gaps and more. They bond to the front side of selected teeth.
- Inlays and onlays Known as partial crowns, these restorations replace decayed chewing surfaces or large fillings with tooth-colored porcelain.
- Dental implants Modern, permanent tooth replacements, dental implants fill smile gaps, support dentures and build jaw bone and gum tissue.
- Invisalign aligners These invisible, removable appliances are customized in pairs to re-align gapped, rotated, crowded teeth and to correct poor bite. They are appropriate for teens and adults in good oral health.
- Contouring and bonding These simple services resurface small flaws. Often, they finish makeovers.
It's your smile
Why not love it? Contact your cosmetic dentistry expert in Brookfield, CT, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez. He'll be happy to show you what a beautified smile can do for you. Phone us at (203) 775-0480.
This tooth-shaped cap offers a host of restorative and cosmetic benefits.
Dental crowns have been around for centuries, dating all the way back to the Etruscans between 700 BC and the first century BC. Of course, as you might imagine, thanks to modern dental technology our Brookfield, CT, dentist Dr. Jaime Gutierrez is able to create dental crowns that resemble the look of a real tooth so that no one even knows you have one. So, what is a dental crown and how can it help you?
When is a dental crown used?
While they are typically used for restorative dentistry purposes they can also offer cosmetic benefits, as well. Some of the issues crowns can address include:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Weak teeth
- Teeth that can no longer support a large dental filling
- Discolored or poorly shaped teeth
- Tooth loss
That’s right; crowns can even be instrumental in restoring your smile after tooth loss. While a crown won’t be used to replace a missing tooth all by itself it is used to cover a dental implant or to support a dental bridge. If you are missing a single tooth, then chances are good that a dental crown will be able to help.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
The major benefit is that a crown will restore the tooth and improve how it functions. After all, a weak tooth will continue to weaken over time if you don’t provide it with the protection it needs, and a dental crown is the perfect way to protect it. It can also improve the overall shape and color of a tooth, making you feel more confident in your appearance.
Furthermore, dental crowns are made from durable material such as ceramic or porcelain, which means that the material looks just like natural tooth enamel. The shade of the porcelain or ceramic is even matched to the tooth so that it blends right in with the rest of your smile.
What are same-day crowns?
Our Brookfield, CT, restorative dentist makes it even easier to get the restoration you need in the very same day. Traditionally, it takes about 2-3 separate visits to get your permanent crown, but with CEREC same-day crowns we can provide you with the same great restoration in just one visit. Everything is done right here in our office so we don’t have to turn to an outside dental lab to create your crown. It’s fast, efficient and you’ll walk out of our office with a brand new smile.
Does it sound like dental crowns might be something that could improve your oral health? If so, the next step is to sit down with us for a consultation to find out if this truly the best way to restore your smile. Call our Brookfield, CT, dental office today and let us know that you are interested in getting dental crowns.
In the past, metal fillings were the standard treatment after a cavity cleaning. The new desired method of restoring missing tooth enamel is to use cosmetic fillings, also called tooth-colored or white fillings. See family dentist Dr. Jamie Gutierrez at his Brookfield, CT to see if your teeth need treatment and restoration with cosmetic fillings.
What Are Cosmetic Fillings?
Dentists use a plastic resin-based solution to fill up holes in the teeth from cavities. They are called cosmetic fillings. They strengthen and protect the teeth for at least five years—even longer when you follow proper dental care maintenance suggestions on a daily basis. Because they are the color of your natural tooth enamel, no one can tell that you have a filling on your tooth.
Why Are Fillings Needed?
The most common reason for a cosmetic filling is to restore a tooth that has a cavity. It is a protective layer that is added to prevent the reoccurrence of tooth decay. Whenever you eat or drink, there’s a chance for harmful particles and bacteria to get inside of the tooth if the hole isn’t filled. A filling might also be used to shore up the sides and edges of a damaged, chipped, or eroded tooth.
A Smile That’s Better Looking and Protected
If you have hesitated to have a cavity checkup and cleaning because you don’t want to have unattractive, noticeable fillings, that is no longer a problem. Cosmetic fillings will protect your teeth and keep your smile looking natural for years. It is possible to take care of your smile while also caring about how it looks.
Restore Your Teeth with Cosmetic Fillings
When your teeth need to be restored after cavities or dental decay, be sure to request cosmetic fillings at your Brookfield, CT family dentist office. Cosmetic fillings will improve your smile in more ways than one. Call 203-775-0480 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gutierrez.