Are you experiencing constant and lingering toothaches? You may need to undergo a root canal treatment to get rid of that sickening pain. A root canal treatment is performed to save and repair a tooth that is severely damaged or infected.
You can learn more about the procedure when you come in for a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, here at our practice at Brookfield, CT.
Signs and Symptoms of a Tooth That Needs Root Canal Therapy
Having a deep cavity, a cracked or chipped tooth, or trauma to a tooth are the most common causes of needing this treatment. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that you need to undergo a root canal treatment:
- Constant pain. This type of pain may bother you most of the time, or it might go away then return after a while. The pain may radiate from deep within the bone of your tooth. You may also feel pain in your other teeth, jaw, or face.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. When you consume something relatively hot or cold, the painful sensation could feel sharp or dull. The pain might also last even if you’ve finished eating. This is an indication that the nerves and blood vessels of the tooth may have already been damaged.
- Tooth discoloration. The pulp of your tooth may be infected, causing your tooth to be discolored. Damaged roots give your tooth a dark-gray look.
- Swollen gums. Gums close to your painful tooth may be inflamed. The swelling may go away and reappear, and if touched, may feel tender. A small pimple might also appear on your gum that secretes pus from the infected tooth. This could cause a nasty taste and bad breath.
- A loose tooth. This could be a sign of infection, caused by the acidic products from the death of a nerve, which soften the bone around the root of the tooth.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, consult your dentist in Brookfield, CT, as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your tooth.
Need More Information on Root Canal Therapy? Contact Us
Dial (203) 775-0480 to book your consultation date with our dentist, Dr. Jamie Gutierrez of Brookfield, CT.
Here’s why you may want to consider dental implants.
Dealing with tooth loss is more common in adulthood than you might think. Luckily, our Brookfield, CT, dentist Dr. Jamie Gutierrez offers a variety of options to fill those gaps in your smile and to restore your confidence again. Wondering why so many people are turning to dental implants? Here are some of the top reasons,
- A dental implant preserves your bone and gum tissue, which can deteriorate as a result of tooth loss. The roots of your teeth stimulate the jawbone, but when one or more teeth are lost the jawbone also deteriorates as a result. A dental implant will actually replace the roots of a tooth to prevent bone loss.
- By placing a false tooth in the gap, our Brookfield, CT, family dentist can also prevent teeth from shifting into these open spaces. If a replacement tooth isn’t placed the rest of your teeth will begin to move into these gaps, leading to further spacing between teeth, crowding and crookedness.
- A dental implant is made from a durable material such as titanium, which is amazingly resilient and also biocompatible, which means that human tissue treat this metal like it’s a natural part of the body. This restoration’s biocompatibility is just one of the reasons it offers such an incredibly high success rate. Plus, you’ll be happy to hear that implants cannot develop cavities.
- Your restoration will fully restore chewing and bite forces, helping to distribute the weight evenly across your teeth whenever you eat, speak or bite. This false tooth won’t just redistribute jaw forces evenly to prevent cracked or fractured teeth but also it will make it incredibly easy to enjoy all of your favorite foods without worrying about your false teeth moving around.
- Since a dental implant is made not only to function like real teeth but also to look like real teeth you will never have to worry that people will be able to recognize which tooth isn’t yours. Our dentists work hard to make sure that the crown or set of false teeth that are placed over the implant offers an incredible fit and also blends right in with your smile. Everything down to the shade of the artificial tooth is taken into painstaking consideration.
Want to know if you are a good candidate for dental implants? If so, call our Brookfield, CT, dental practice today at (203) 775-0480 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gutierrez.
Shield your child’s back teeth from decay with dental sealants.
Even if your child is properly brushing and flossing their teeth on a daily basis, they are likely still susceptible to decay. That’s because molars, or back teeth, are much harder to keep clean. All those grooves and ridges on the chewing surfaces of your child’s back teeth can trap bacteria and food. In fact, the back teeth are far more susceptible to decay than any other teeth. Fortunately, if you want to protect your child’s teeth, our Brookfield, CT, family dentist, Dr. Jaime Gutierrez, can easily place dental sealants.
What are dental sealants?
Dental sealants are clear or tooth-colored plastic coatings that are painted onto the chewing surfaces of your child’s back teeth and then bonded directly to the tooth to provide a protective barrier against decay. Dental sealants, along with proper oral hygiene, can ensure that your child’s smile stays healthy and cavity-free.
When should sealants be placed?
Once your child’s first set of molars come in, then it’s time to turn to our Brookfield, CT, dentist to find out if they should get sealants. This usually happens around the time your child is 6 or 7 years old. Usually, at 11 or 12 years old your child’s second set of molars will come in. Once they fully erupt, then our dentist can also place sealants over these molars.
How are sealants placed?
Getting sealants is a very easy process. In fact, we can usually place them at the very same time as your child’s routine dental cleaning dring an easy and painless process. Here’s what’s involved in getting sealants,
- Your child’s teeth are professionally cleaned and polished to remove any plaque and tartar
- An acidic solution is applied to the chewing surfaces to roughen the surface
- A bonding solution is also applied to the tooth to make sure the sealant sticks to the tooth properly
- The sealant is then painted onto the chewing surfaces
- A special light is then directed over the teeth to harden the sealant to the tooth
Interested? Give us a call
Whether you want to discuss getting dental sealants for your child, braces for your teen, or routine dental care for you, Dr. Gutierrez and her dental team are here to make sure your whole family gets the treatment you all need. Call our Brookfield, CT, dental office today at (203) 775-0480.
There are several benefits associated with family dentistry. One of the biggest benefits is that everyone in your family can see the same dentist at one convenient office location, which can save you both time and travel. Dr. Jaime Gutierrez is your family dentist in Brookfield, CT.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry is a type of dentistry that provides a wide range of dental services and treats patients of all ages. With family dentistry, there is no need for children to see a separate pediatric dentist while adults in the family visit a general dentist. The entire family can see the same dentist. Additionally, children will not need to switch dentists as they get older since we treat patients of all ages.
Our practice offers a full range of dental services, from general, preventive, restorative, cosmetic, and orthodontic dental services. Whether your family members are each due for their next regular checkup with oral exam and cleaning or someone needs a specific dental procedure, family dentistry can meet everyone’s needs. Dr. Gutierrez, your Brookfield family dentist, can discuss specific procedures with you. Some of the dental services offered at Dr. Gutierrez’s family dentistry practice include:
- Dental implants
- Root canal therapy
- Crowns and bridges
- Teeth whitening
- Cosmetic dentistry
Benefits of Family Dentistry
Family dentistry is associated with several benefits. Family dentistry makes it easy for everyone in the family to see one dentist, which can save time and travel. Dental appointments for your family, such as regular checkups, can be scheduled on the same day at a single office location. Your family can save time and travel by not having to drive to multiple dentist’s offices on separate days. Another advantage of family dentistry is that your family’s dental records will be in a single location, making it easier to obtain copies for school or other purposes when needed.
Family members can remain with the same dentist at every age. When children see a pediatric dentist they will eventually have to find a new dentist when they get older. Kids can continue visiting the same dentist with whom they are already both comfortable and familiar, which could encourage them to continue visiting the dentist regularly as adults. Scheduling regular dental visits is important for maintaining optimal oral health.
Family dentistry offers a full range of dental services and makes it possible for everyone in your family to see the same dentist. To schedule dental appointments for your family with Dr. Gutierrez, your family dentist in Brookfield, call the dental office at (203) 775-0480.
Have questions about bonding? Bonding is an excellent way to improve your smile. Bonding is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin to the teeth to restore or improve a person's smile. With bonding, you have one of the easiest, fastest and most affordable dental treatments at your disposal. Dr. Jamie Gutierrez in Brookfield, CT, offers a full range of dental services to his patients. Read on to get answers to FAQs about bonding.
What is cosmetic dental bonding?
Bonding can be used for a variety of purposes. For instance, it may be used to repair dental cavities and fractured teeth. It may also be used to close gaps between teeth and hide tooth discoloration. Sometimes bonding used to make teeth look longer or to change their shape, so that they appear more attractive. Dentists also use bonding to protect the exposed roots of teeth.
What are the benefits of bonding?
Bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic procedures. Unlike dental veneers and crowns which require more time to prepare and a second visit to place them, dental bonding can be completed in just one visit. Minimal tooth enamel is removed during the treatment. Patients often get multiple teeth bonded in just one appointment.
How do I care for my bonded teeth?
Bonded teeth do not require special care. Bonded teeth can become discolored by stains just like your teeth, so you want to care for them as carefully as you care for your smile! Floss and brush regularly and visit your dentist for checkups and dental cleanings twice a year. Avoid biting into hard surfaces like hard foods, candy ice, fingernails, and other hard items which can weaken the bonding.
If you want a beautiful smile, this is your chance! Start your journey today! Call Dr. Jamie Gutierrez at 203-775-0480 right now to schedule a dental appointment in Brookfield, CT and get the smile you deserve. When you're happy with your smile, it can really improve your quality of life!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.